A Decade Ago

Life was hell. 

A few months back, the person whom I thought would have my back for the rest of my life was not the man I thought he was.  Apparently I was living in a dream.  I was brought the truth and was forced to forgive. I did forgive.  I'm not big on second chances but what choice do I have?

Then a merely couple of months after, an unbelievable heist was orchestrated.  The person admitted to thinking of no longer returning--I wished he pushed through with the idea.  

And this month, I was trying to right the wrongs.  Foolish li'l me.  Well actually, I mostly blamed my mother, the person with the heart of gold, for pushing me to give another chance.  I wished she realized it was not a question of how much money I would lose (I lost all, and owed more) but how much of myself I would lose in the process.  Is she really waiting for me to be totally gone?

-----

This little throwback is brought about by my wandering thoughts.  How far along have I gone in 10 years? Grateful for the now.  

But screw those who say that there are some situations we have to go through for us to be where we are today.  I could have totally skipped that entire chapter of my life.  

Comments

Popular Posts