HNY

Hello, I’m still alive. 

Apparently, I posted during the start of the p/andemic lockdowns that I was scared and I’ve been thinking what will happen after the p/andemic. 

Well, to the almost 3-years-ago me: nothing really changed much. People still suck and don’t care about the bigger picture (hello climate change) and your government is still corrupt. Worse, they’re creating ways to steal people’s money right before your eyes. 

Anyway. 

The real reason why I’m posting is to update about what happened the past year. 

2022 sucked. Big time. 

I know there are silver linings but they’re just linings

First, we started the year supposedly to have the church wedding but that was postponed since we (together with most of our families and friends and the rest of the country) had C/ovid. Sure, we then had it a few weeks after but we had to let go of a few parts (like having a reception). 

Sure, we had a couple of trips to nice beaches but those were supposedly out-of-country trips. 

The hubby was able to move to another organization so I guess that’s okay. 

I became in charge and was stuck with work responsibilities that shouldn’t have fallen on me (but they say the silver lining is the experience, but who are we kidding, really?). 

I had to let go of the group close to my heart for some years now because people sucked at management. 

And the “best” part of the year: I got pregnant but had a miscarriage days before Christmas. The silver lining was that we were able to conceive after some years of trying. My Christmas then sucked too since we were busy coping with loss. Still are, actually. 

So…yeah. Let’s not sugarcoat and try to be optimistic about it: 2022 sucked. 

I don’t want to say, “Bring it on, 2023!” Because honestly, I’m tired. I just want a chill and good year. Please. 


Comments

Popular Posts