Count Your Blessings

I could share a LOT about counting even the smallest of blessings especially since the pandemic is worse than ever and our government’s response is...well, worse than ever, leaving our country’s poor poorer and the rich...well, richer. But this post is for something specific. 

You see, I’ve shared the hell I’ve been through to close family and friends.  They had been sympathetic and helped me through it all, but it’s different when you know someone who went through a similar experience as well. The experience becomes your bond—and this is probably why group therapy works. 

Anyway, I know someone who went through the process as well. Come to think of it, I think she’s the only one that I personally know of. We were not close, but we had small talks about the whole process along the way. 

Recently, we also went through a similar event: we got a second chance at “forever” and got married last year. It was a very happy feeling, knowing that we were both at a good place in our lives. Just early this year, we again had a small talk about updating our records due to the marriage. 

Then out of the blue, a few days ago, her husband died. 

Just like that. Gone. 

It hit me like bricks because it wasn’t just about losing the love of your life (which is already hell) but it was about FINALLY finding the love of your life (for real this time) when you’re probably thinking you’ll be alone forever, and losing it in a snap. 

It was one of my worst nightmares. 

I felt sh*tty since I heard the news. I’ve talked about it with common friends but I don’t think they know how big and heavy it really was. 

But one thing this reminded people was to be grateful for everything we have. Cherish moments, spend more time with things that really matter in the bigger picture. Because we don’t really know when it will all be gone. 

Comments

Popular Posts